The 2019 Spring Tuesday Night Marathon
March 19th – May 7th, 2019
- 8 rounds, one game every Tuesday.
- Round 1: 6:30 p.m. March 19th.
Round 2: March 26th. Round 3: April 2nd. Round 4: April 9th. Round 5: April 16th. Round 6: April 23rd. Round 7: April 30th. Round 8: May 7th.
- Time Control: Game in 2 hours with a 5-second delay (G/2, d5). There will be no adjournments.
- All time delay must be from the beginning.
- Entry Fee: $50.00 (MI members), $60.00 for non-members, $10 additional late for all registrations after 6:15 pm on 3/19. Play up fee is $10, players must be within 200 rating points of the next section.
- Sections: Championship; open players rated 2000+ by USCF rating using the March supplement. A/B; open to all players rated 1600-1999. C/D/E/Unrated; for players rated below 1600 and unrated. Players may play up a section with an additional $10 fee if their rating is within 200 points of the next section.
- Cash prizes: Championship: 1st $700, 2nd $400, 3rd $275. A/B: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $125, best under 1800 $75. C/D/E/unrated: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $125, best under 1400 $75. No restriction on MI membership, all cash prizes fully paid, and based on 100 entries.
- The tournament will follow USCF rules and all players must be current members of the USCF through the end of May 2019.
- The tournament will be FIDE-rated.
- A request for up to three 1/2 point byes will be accepted under the following conditions:
- All byes are irrevocable.
- Byes for rounds seven and eight must be requested before the start of round 4.
- Bye requests must be made by noon on Monday for the following Tuesday night round. All bye requests after will be considered 0 point byes.
- Normally, pairings will be made Monday noon and will be posted online and in the Chess Room.
- All pairings are tentative. Final pairings will be posted 6:15 pm on Tuesday.
- In the case of players not showing up, extra rated games will be made wherever possible so that those wanting to play a competitive game may do so. These games are USCF rated, but do not affect scoring for the TNM.
- The Tournament Director for this event is STD, NA Abel Talamantez.
- All questions and bye requests should be sent to: email@example.com, or call 415-393-0110.
To enter the tournament, please register online at chessclub.org, or fill out the registration form inside the chess room.